Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pretty little girls


I thought you might like to meet my new little girls. I found them stuffed into a box of unfinished porcelain doll parts at the St. Vincents thrift store. Aren't they sweet. These are my first doll heads, and I have to say, I don't find these creepy at all! They remind me of those cool plaster busts.
I plan on putting them up for sale in my Etsy shop soon, but, I don't have any idea about pricing. I don't know if they are antique or not. They are in PERFECT condition.
This one is almost 6 inches tall! She is marked on the back : Germany 8, and it also says "rep" (whatever that means!). I did notice that she doesn't have the holes needed to thread her body onto her. The depressions are there, but they aren't punched through. Her face is so sweet.

These two are about 3 inches tall. They don't have any markings.

Pretty good find, huh?

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so darling! I can't believe how yo found them! I see you have internet again, yeah!
xoxo, Tiffany

KatCollects said...

Hi Tammy,
I am so glad you got your computer back, you were missed : ) I love the doll heads, so sweet. And yes a great find. I still haven't figured out what to do with mine yet. I hope you have a good week.
Hugs,
Kathy

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hi Tammy,
It was nice to finally meet you in person today.Your doll heads are very sweet.I cant't wait to see what you do with that wonderful old ledger!
Amy
www.todayscountrystore.typepad.com