Saturday, May 31, 2008












Show and Tell!!


"Studio" Storage


Okay, well, let me start off by saying, I don't have much of a studio...I dream, covet and plan for one someday, but...What I have is really more of a space. A small space, but a space, nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I am ever so grateful that I have my space. I NEED a space. I carved it out of my tiny living room. Really. Our house is only 1010 sq feet. We have had up to 6 people living here (Me, Mr. littlejunkshop, and our 4 girlies). It is LITTLE, even now, with our oldest grown and gone. We have only one bathroom, too, but, that's a whole other post...



I know you have lots of other blogs to visit, so I'll get to it. Here is my space. Cluttered and crammed into a little awkward L shaped wall right smack in the middle of our living room/kitchen/dining room area (what would otherwise be called a great room if said L shaped wall wasn't there.)















This next pic is of a little jewelery box I got at Goodwill. I painted and distressed the heck out of it. I store postcards, chalks and rusty bottle caps in it. I know, wierd assortment, right? Sorry for the bad pic. I didn't mention that my space is a cave, with very little natural light.

















These two are a cute little train case I got at a yard sale for $2. I spray painted it pink, then white, and wiped a little of the white of before it dried. Then, I sanded the edges to revel the original aqua underneath. I lined it with pink vintage inspired fabric that used to be a dress of my oldest daughter. I store ribbon and fabric peices in it, and I can take it along with me when I go create at a friends' house. On-the-go cuteness!!





This is another ribbon box. It was a cardboard index drawer box of some sort. I got it at a salvage store. I think it was .10. I just decoupaged it with blank ledger paper and copies of vintage postcards and did some stamping on it.




This is a very old tin with my favorite buttons in it.





















JARS!!! I love jars! These store flowers, obviously.



And below, we have one of my favorite things-- It's an old compote, or something. It's got gorgeous porcelain flowers on all sides. It sits on the top shelf over my space, and holds chandelier crystals and glass doorknobs. And it just looks pretty.


Thanks for touring my space with me! Have a happy Sunday! I hope the sun is shining where you are!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Very resourceful :)

Margo said...

What a great space you have! I love how everything is displayed too. Crafting in front of the TV is more fun too :-)
Margo

Debbie Doughty said...

Hi Tammy,
I don't see an email address, so I am writing here to let you know that I got one of your panels in the Birds & Bonnets swap. I love the birdies and quote. Thank you! I've posted a picture of all my panels on my blog. I hope you'll stop by and take a peek. BTW, welcome to blogland. I see that this is your first year. Isn't it too much fun?
And always something new to join in on. Like Show & Tell Sunday. I've been wanting to do that. Soon, hopefully soon...

Mrs Pretzel said...

Tammy, I love your blog!! I am one of the recipients of a panel that you made for the birds and bonnets swap! I love your panel!! It looks PERFECT in the set I got!! Here's to new friendships in blogland!

Mrs Pretzel said...

PS...
I just read your comments here, and I see that debbie (MY MOM) got one of your panels too!! What a tiny world.