Saturday, May 10, 2008

In the midst of Illness and pestilence...

I told myself if I had a blog I would post often. And have exciting things to say. But, dang, life has a way of getting in the way, doesn't it?...My kids have been sick. One had pneumonia, and two had lice (uck...I'm still not sure they're gone! I've been laundering, cleaning, combing...), so it was a PRETTY BUSY WEEK!!! But, right before that all happened, I got to craft at our scrapbook store. I work there periodically, and the owner just wanted to hang out, so the shop was closed and we had a fun crafty time. I got my panels for the Birds and Bonnets swap done:






I also went to a few yard sales this weekend (Oh, probably 15 or 20! A huge community's annual sale.) I got a few fun things. 2 flower frogs and 4 milk glass cold cream jars all for .50 each!



Then I went to my favorite antique store and TOTALLY splurged! I bought myself a Mother's Day present. A couple weeks ago, I was there with Tiffany (shabbyscraps) and I found a roll of wallpaper. Gorgeous wallpaper. Old. Muted. Cream background, small pink roses, silver scrolley things. Gorgeous! It haunted me. It was one of those things where I really wanted it, but had no more money. So, I waited, and thought about it, craved it. I went back and, Hallelujah!, it was still there. I love it! When I get my Etsy site up (soon, I hope, barring more illness and pestilence) I'll put some up for sale. Just as soon as I got home, however, I made a Mother's Day card and a Thank You card with it...it's lovely. Really.







The "She is a Mother " card is for Cassie, My oldest daughter. I can't believe I'm the mother of a mother! The thank you card is for my sweet friend Cassandra, who gave me a red dogwood tree today! She has a tiny backyard and realized after she bought it it was going to be way too big. She stuck it in a pot last year to enjoy it a little and, this year she gave it to me. WAHOO! I adore dogwoods. And, as a bonus, this one has a purple clematis that climbs up it! I love clematis, too!! I'll post pics of those beauties soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!

6 comments:

Margo said...

Hi Tammy! Sounds like you still had a great Mother's Day despite the sickies! Your panels are so cute! I'm still working on mine :-)
Margo

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Tammy!! So happy you have joined us in Blogland!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love your bird book pages and your sweet mother's day cards!
Michelle

Gabriela said...

Hello,

I love your birds!

Warm regards,

Gabriela

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your cards...pretty blog too!!!

Sarah said...

Oh! I saw your panels on flickr and I LOVE THEM!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Recycled Rita said...

Your panels are really pretty, similar to mine! Welcome to the blogging world! karen....
recycledrita.blogspot.com