Monday, September 14, 2009

New painting


I am just beginning to redo my room. I am going to get rid of the heavy, dark HUMONGOUS furniture and prettify it all up for myself.
My inspiration for the room is the vintage hand stitched wedding ring quilt a family member made that I use on my bed. I adore the fuschia/lilac-ish color in it, and that's what I wanted to pull out in my new painting, and I'll plan the rest of the room around it. So, here it is...my new painting, and the start of my new room (more updates to come in future months about the redecorating...because it will take months, I'm sure!)


I used the quote by Emily Bronte again. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it: "I have dreamed in my life dreams that have stayed with me and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind"




Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring again. I LOVE her...



I can no longer collage birds inside their cages. It feels like they're trapped and imprisoned. They need to be free...



Four eggs, of course representing my four sweet girls...and a close up of the hand painted cherry blossoms (a first for me...what do you think, honestly?)...


Switching gears...look at this beauty:


I found out this morning (on Rose Garden Romantic...thanks so much, Michelle!) that St Joshua is having a giveaway on his blog. The deadline is tonight, so scoot on over and leave a post to be entered to win one of his FABULOUS rings! I love them!!!
Have a wonderful day, all! I'm off to play..I mean work...at Paper Muse!

3 comments:

KatCollects said...

Hi Sweetie,
It was so good to see you today! I love your new painting, and I love the cherry blossoms, GREAT job! I can't wait to see your bedroom in the new pretty colors. You looked really good today, keep smiling!
Love ya,
Kathy

Stephenie said...

Your painting is just amazing.. I love the sweet girl.
I've been hyperlinking and found your blog.. I'm sure glad I did,It's so pretty.. I'll be back soon.. Hope all is well..
STephenie

Unknown said...

LOVE your collage..so very you and wonderful. I love you.